Elizabeth (greyautumnrain) wrote,
Elizabeth
greyautumnrain

Viability Boundary Reached

I'm 24 weeks pregnant as of today, which means that if the boy were to be born now there is a chance he'd survive. I am mostly relaxed about him staying put until he's full term, but I'm not taking it for granted either.

I've contacted our wonderful doula, and we shall be hiring her again. We'd like to replicate Margaret's birth as much as possible since that went so well. I'm working on the boy's blanket, and I have a few new clothes in blue for him, though for the first few months he will mostly be wearing Margaret's gently used gender neutral hand-me-downs. Don't feel too sorry for him, they are extremely gently used. We still need to decide on a name for him, but even if we come up with a great one we won't be announcing it until after the birth.

I have an ultrasound tomorrow morning and an OB visit in the afternoon. My placenta is low again, and they seem more concerned about a previa this time around. I'm really hoping it's moved away from my cervix as I would much much rather push a baby out than have one cut out of me. Here's hoping for good news on that front.
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 2 comments