I really am hoping it's nothing, and the amnio will go smoothly and the results will let me go back to relaxing and getting on with this pregnancy. I really want this baby. I've ordered some blue yarn for a blanket for him, and I'm all set to start making little boy things. On the other hand, there is that terrible possibility that I might have to act swiftly (seeing as how I'm a mere five weeks from the threshold of viability) and make a decision about a termination. Ugh. I want this baby, but knowing what I know about genetics, biology and medicine there are certain things I will not put a child of mine through, and living with trisomy 21 is one of them. I really, really hope the little guy is OK and the toughest call I will have to make for the rest of this pregnancy is what color yarn to buy for a sweater for him.
Oh, and in other news my placenta is also low enough this time that my doctor is a bit concerned about it, though again chances are good that it won't be an issue by the third trimester. Really, previa is just not making it to the top of my list of concerns right now; I know that even if it doesn't resolve it can be managed with good care.