?

Log in

No account? Create an account
entries friends calendar profile Previous Previous Next Next
Viability Boundary Reached - Elizabeth Unexplained
Lots of data but no answers
greyautumnrain
greyautumnrain
Viability Boundary Reached
I'm 24 weeks pregnant as of today, which means that if the boy were to be born now there is a chance he'd survive. I am mostly relaxed about him staying put until he's full term, but I'm not taking it for granted either.

I've contacted our wonderful doula, and we shall be hiring her again. We'd like to replicate Margaret's birth as much as possible since that went so well. I'm working on the boy's blanket, and I have a few new clothes in blue for him, though for the first few months he will mostly be wearing Margaret's gently used gender neutral hand-me-downs. Don't feel too sorry for him, they are extremely gently used. We still need to decide on a name for him, but even if we come up with a great one we won't be announcing it until after the birth.

I have an ultrasound tomorrow morning and an OB visit in the afternoon. My placenta is low again, and they seem more concerned about a previa this time around. I'm really hoping it's moved away from my cervix as I would much much rather push a baby out than have one cut out of me. Here's hoping for good news on that front.
2 comments or Leave a comment
Comments
chenoameg From: chenoameg Date: October 15th, 2009 11:47 pm (UTC) (Link)
I have an ultrasound tomorrow, too, although for different reasons. May yours turn out well.

enugent From: enugent Date: October 17th, 2009 04:51 am (UTC) (Link)
Any word on previa? I really hope it's OK.
2 comments or Leave a comment